After a five-year wait and a multitude of life changes, Scotty McCreery releases his highly anticipated album, Seasons Change, for digital pre-order everywhere today, ahead of its March 16 release on Sony’s Triple Tigers Records – his first album on the label. The project features his current nearly-Top 10-and-climbing radio hit “Five More Minutes.”
Fans are also surprised today with the instant grat track “Wherever You Are,” available now. “Wherever You Are” was co-written by McCreery, Frank Rogers and Dan Isbell. The song outlines the motivation love gives to do whatever it takes to be with a significant other, and is inspired by McCreery’s recently-engaged fiancée, Gabi Dugal, with lyrics like:
Up in Manhattan/ Or way out in some cabin/ In the middle of nowhere/ Well baby I’ll be
there/ Wherever you are, wherever it is/ Baby it ain’t too far/ Just give me call or drop me a pin
The 24-year old singer/songwriter has a lot to say on the 11-track album, produced by Rogers (McCreery’s See You Tonight, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker), Derek Wells (guitarist for Kenny Chesney, Brett Eldridge, Little Big Town), and Aaron Eshuis (producer for Ryan Hurd, songwriter for A Thousand Horses, Joe Nichols, Cole Swindell).
With every song co-written by McCreery himself, Seasons Change marks the first time he’s played a hand in writing his entire album. With songs influenced by true-life events that occurred since he released his last album at 19 — including moving out on his own, going to college, getting robbed at gunpoint, losing his grandfather, changing record labels, releasing a book and proposing to his high school sweetheart — Seasons Change is a true reflection of where the North Carolina native is in life.
Among his co-writers on the personal album are Jessi Alexander (Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton), Monty Criswell (Eric Church, Darius Rucker, George Strait), Jason Gantt (Brooks & Dunn, Faith Hill, Alison Krauss, Tim McGraw), David Lee Murphy (Gary Allan, Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton) and more.
Seasons Change Track Listing:
1. “Seasons Change” (Scotty McCreery/James McNair/Tommy Cecil)
2. “Wherever You Are” (Scotty McCreery/Frank Rogers/Dan Isbell)
3. “Boys From Back Home” (Scotty McCreery/Dan Isbell/Jason Gantt)
4. “Five More Minutes” (Scotty McCreery/Frank Rogers/Monty Criswell)
5. “In Between” (Scotty McCreery/Frank Rogers/Jessi Alexander/Jonathan Singleton)
6. “This Is It” (Scotty McCreery/Frank Rogers/Aaron Eshuis)
7. “Wrong Again” (Scotty McCreery/Frank Rogers/Phillip White)
8. “Move It On Out” (Scotty McCreery/Dan Isbell/Aaron Eshuis)
9. “Barefootin’” (Scotty McCreery/Frank Rogers/David Lee Murphy
10. “Still” (Scotty McCreery/Aaron Eshuis)
11. “Home In My Mind” (Scotty McCreery/James McNair/Tommy Cecil)