With the release of his pioneering new album, This Ride, just around the corner, critically acclaimed hitmaker Jerrod Niemann is opening up an express lane for his dedicated Country fans – and also offering a preview of where This Ride is headed.
Preorders for the fresh project begin today (9/8), and fans that sign up will also receive three songs instantly – stunning current single “God Made a Woman,” the sexy “But I Do” and grooving feel-good anthem, “I Got This.”
Both show an artist known for outside-the-box hits entering a brand new chapter, as This Ride marks Niemann’s first album for Curb Records and the fourth major studio set of his career. The full project will be officially released on October 6.
“This Ride is a record that not only represents where I am musically in my life, but where I am as a man as well,” Niemann says. “At times, we took the lo-fi recording approach that’s going on in the indie-rock world, and the overflow of acoustic instruments and raw textures really bring out the album’s emotional elements, helping take This Ride to a whole new level sonically. I’m very excited to get this new music out there.”
Co-produced by Niemann with Jimmie Lee Sloas (who also co-produced 2014’s HIGH NOON), THIS RIDEfeatures a hitmaking mix of writers who fuse pop sensibilities with hard-edged Country tradition. A who’s who of talented tunesmiths join the singer-songwriter, including Ashley Gorley, Chris DeStefano, Shane McAnally, Rodney Clawson, Craig Wiseman, Dallas Davidson, Natalie Hemby and more, while Diamond Rio and Lee Brice guest star on standout tracks.
“Overall, the lyrics on my new record THIS RIDE have another layer of depth,” shares Niemann. “That’s why we challenged ourselves in the studio to use half the instruments to get twice the sound. The recordings are almost more of an arrangement than a production. The words in these songs deserve to be propped up, not buried.”
Here’s a complete track listing for JERROD NIEMANN’s THIS RIDE:
1. “Zero to Crazy” (Ashley Gorley, Chris DeStefano, Shane McAnally)
2. “But I Do” (Josh Osborne, Jimmy Robbins, Jon Nite)
3. “Leavin’ a Trail” (Corey Crowder, Luke Dick, Cole Taylor)
4. “I Got This” (Rodney Clawson, Josh Osborne, Luke Dick)
5. “Out of My Heart” (Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Chris DeStefano)
6. “A Little More Love” (with Lee Brice) (Ross Copperman, Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally, Kristi Neumann)
7. “God Made a Woman” (Michael Ray, Joel Shewmake, Jeff Hyde)
8. “Whiskey Waiting’ on Ice” (Jerrod Niemann, Lance Miller, Rob Hatch, Brandon Hood)
9. “Feelin’” (Jeremy Stover, Chris Janson, Luke Dick)
10. “I Ain’t All There” (featuring Diamond Rio) (Jerrod Niemann, Lance Miller, Richie Brown)
11. “Come Back” (Jimmy Yeary, Matt Dragstrem, Craig Wiseman)
12. “The Regulars” (C.J. Solar, Tina Parol, Jessie Jo Dillon)
13. “This Ride” (JT Harding, AJ Babcock, Pete Good)